Do you spend a lot of time dwelling on the past or worrying about the future? Many of us do. In a life that feels so out of our control, we live in the past and focus on the future because it feels like we have power over it. In reality, both the past AND the future live in our memories and imaginations. We actually have control over neither one, and yet, by spending so much of our time, energy and attention THERE, we miss out on the one place we do have agency and the ability to live our lives: the present.
Sometimes, life gives us evidence that we are exactly where we’re supposed to be. On a recent flight home from New York City, this happened to me and my family, and it inspired this episode. There is so much peace and freedom that comes from trusting that you’re right where you should be, and yet, so many of us spend our lives rejecting and resisting that reality.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- What an in-flight emergency taught me about trust, timing and purpose
- Why we believe our past and our reality should be different
- Why we worry and fixate on future circumstances
- Why you can trust that you’re right where you’re supposed to be
- How cultivating this trust frees you to really LIVE your life
Are you on my VIP list?
Get weekly coaching in your inbox, be the first to know about live workshops, new ways to work together and more.