It’s easy to compartmentalize our faith and our work – even when we feel called to the businesses we’re entrusted to steward and grow.
But what happens when you actively integrate your faith into the meaningful work you’re called to?
My guest on this episode of BEYOND, Steve Carter, believes it gives you an unfair advantage.
Steve was a recent guest pastor at my own church, and the message he shared several weeks ago was so compelling, so convicting, that I knew while listening that Sunday morning that I was supposed to invite him to explore this topic with us as a guest here on the show. And I’m so grateful that he said yes.
Steve Carter is a pastor, speaker, author, podcast host, sports enthusiast, and the former lead teaching pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago. Steve is a gifted communicator and storyteller and one of my favorite parts about this conversation is to simplify what can often feel like a complex topic – what it looks like to access your faith to the extent that it truly becomes active in every part of your life – every role, every relationship, everything you do – and why, as mothers and wives and business owners, that gives us an unfair advantage.
Steve Carter is a pastor, speaker, author, podcast host, sports enthusiast, and the former lead teaching pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago.
On this episode of BEYOND, you'll learn:
• How a major in film led Steve to a career in storytelling and ministry
• Why we can easily separate our faith from the work we’re called to – and how we can get lost in the process
• How trusting God builds safety and consistency into our businesses
• How the trap of a never-ending to-do list can easily lead our faith to become “another box to check off”
• What it looks like to stop “white-knuckling” your life and business
• What shifts when you see your business not as YOURS, but as God’s business that He has entrusted to you
• How our longing for speed and efficiency has put us at odds with the Holy Spirit (and leads us to feel disconnected and unfulfilled)
• What it looks like to access and integrate the Holy Spirit into the work of motherhood and beyond
• Why your faith is your superpower in a culture that says to work harder, try harder and do more
• The 5 different directions God leads us through the Holy Spirit to help us grow
• The connection between our health, our peace and being willing to admit how much we don’t know
I’m continuously amazed by the ways God works through our businesses to grow us both personally and spiritually, and am thankful for Steve sharing with us what it looks like to fully integrate our faith into our work life.
If you’re tired of spinning your wheels and you’re ready for mindset and business support that will help you simplify and create the kind of life and business you’re excited to wake up to, the kind that serves not only your clients but you and your family well, I want to invite you to apply for private 1:1 coaching. Working with me privately is kind of like having a business therapist, marketing strategist and personal trainer for your brain all-in-one. Your next step is to apply for coaching at beckyhoschek.com/apply.
There, you’ll answer some questions about your business, where you are right now and where you’d like to be moving forward, and if I’m confident I can help you get there, I’ll invite you to a call where we can talk all the details and get your questions answered so that you can make the best decision for you.